Arthur Leipzig (American, b. 1918)
Chalk Games, Prospect Place, Brooklyn, 1950, printed later
- Gelatin silver print
- 14 x 17 3/4 in. (35.6 x 45.1 cm)
- The Jewish Museum, New York
- Purchase: Rictavia Schiff Bequest, 1993-116
- © Arthur Leipzig
- Digital image © 2010 The Jewish Museum, New York Photo by Ardon Bar Hama
Not on view
- What mood is captured by this image? Which details contribute to creating that mood?
- Describe the point of view the photographer gives us of this scene.
- Describe the way that light is distributed throughout this composition. Where are the darkest areas? Where are the highlights? How do these tones guide you through the photograph?