Aaron Siskind (American, 1903-1991)
The Wishing Tree, from Harlem Document, 1936-40, 1937, printed later
- Gelatin silver print
- 6 1/2 x 10 in. (16.5 x 25.4 cm)
- The Jewish Museum, New York
- Purchase: Lillian Gordon Bequest, 2000-58
- © Aaron Siskind Foundation, Courtesy Bruce Silverstein Gallery
Not on view
- How are the moods of these two photographs different?
- Where was the photographer in relation to the children when the photographs were taken? Why might each photographer have chosen his respective point of view?
- Try to imagine what the photographs would look like if their perspectives were reversed. How might the new point of view change your understanding of the subject matter and its mood?