Louis Stettner (American, b. 1922)
Coming to America, c. 1951
- Gelatin silver print
- 11 5/8 x 15 3/4 in. (29.5 x 40 cm)
- The Jewish Museum, New York
- Purchase: Photography Acquisitions Committee Fund, 2003-10
- © Louis Stettner, Courtesy Bonni Benrubi Gallery
- Digital image © 2008 The Jewish Museum, New York Photo by Ardon Bar Hama
Not on view
- Describe the horizontal lines you see in this image. [the bench slats, floorboards, railing, rope, horizon line, the gazes of the father and child]
- What is the focal point of this picture? Where do your eyes go first? What is it about that part of the image that makes you look there first?
- Describe the mood of this photograph. Which details contribute to creating that mood?