Christian Boltanski (French, b. 1944)
Monument (Odessa), 1989-2003
- Gelatin silver prints, tin biscuit boxes, lights, and wire
- Installation approximately: 80 x 72 in. (203.2 x 182.9 cm)
- The Jewish Museum, New York
- Purchase: Melva Bucksbaum Contemporary Art Fund, 2003-11a-kk
- ©Courtesy of the Marian Goodman Gallery, New York
Not on view
Berger, Maurice, and Joan Rosenbaum. Masterworks of The Jewish Museum. New York: The Jewish Museum, 2004, pp. 82-83.
Gumpert, Lynn. Christian Boltanski. Paris: Flammarion, 1994.
Gumpert, Lynn, and Mary Jane Jacob. Christian Boltanski: Lessons of Darkness. Exh. cat. Chicago: Museum of Contemporary Art, 1988.
Marmer, Nancy. "Boltanski: The Uses of Contradiction." Art in America 77, no. 10 (October 1989): 169-81, 233-35.
Semin, Didier, Tamar Garb, and Donald Kuspit. Christian Boltanski. London: Phaidon, 1997.
"Studio Visit: Christian Boltanski"
Tate Museum--Tate Magazine, Issue 2
British documentary on Christian Boltanski, 1996, 52 minutes
Marian Goodman Gallery
Official site of the artist's gallery
Caines, Rebecca. "Christian Boltanski: Representation and the Performance of Memory." Afterimage (July-August 2004).
For more Holocaust resources and links click here