Alexander Alland (American, b. Ukraine, 1902-1989)
Untitled (Brooklyn Bridge), c. 1938
- Gelatin silver print
- 7 15/16 x 9 7/8 in. (20.2 x 25.1 cm)
- The Jewish Museum, New York
- Purchase: William and Jane Schloss Family Foundation Fund, 2008-40
- © Estate of Alexander Alland, Sr.
- Digital image © 2010 The Jewish Museum, New York Photo by Ardon Bar Hama
Not on view
- Describe the overall composition of this image. [symmetric, balanced]
- Where do you see the symmetry disrupted? [the lamp at left; the skyscraper in the far distance; the pedestrian, etc.]
- Describe the mood of this image. Which details contribute to creating that mood?