Weegee (born Arthur Fellig) (American, b. Poland, 1899-1968)
Max Is Rushing in the Bagels to a Restaurant on Second Avenue for the Morning Trade, c. 1940
- Gelatin silver print
- 14 3/4 x 18 7/8 in. (37.5 x 48 cm)
- The Jewish Museum, New York
- Purchase: Joan B. and Richard L. Barovick Family Foundation and Bunny and Jim Weinberg Gifts, 2000-72
- © Weegee/International Center of Photography/Getty Images
Not on view
- What can we learn or infer about each subject’s identity and personality from his portrait?
- If a photographer were to make a portrait of you in an urban environment, where would you want it to be? What would you want to be shown doing? What emotion of yours would you want it to capture?