Guided museum visits engage students of diverse backgrounds, interests,
and abilities while addressing Common Core State Standards and the Blueprint
for Teaching and Learning in the Visual Arts. All programs can be modified for
groups with special needs.
Guided Museum Visit
- (75 minutes )
- Includes art studio component
for grades Pre-K–5
- Fee is $100 per group
Extended Museum Visit
- (2 hours)
- Includes extended gallery and art
studio components for grades K–12
- Fee is $170 per group
- The maximum number of students per weekday class is 28. On Sundays the total number of participants (including children and adults) cannot exceed 24.
For special education classes, the maximum number of students is 12.
- Museum visits are offered:
- Monday through Thursday: 10:00 am. 11:30 am, 1:00 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:15 pm;
- Friday: 10:00 am, 11:30 am, 1:00 pm;
- Sunday: 10:00 am, 11:30 am
- Programs must be scheduled at least 4 weeks prior to the visit.
- Payment must be received at least 2 weeks prior to the visit.
- Visits will be shortened for late arrivals. Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before the scheduled visit.
- One chaperone must accompany every group of 10 students; a maximum of 5 chaperones may accompany each class.
- Due to the observance of Jewish dietary laws, school groups may not eat their lunches inside the Museum.
To schedule a Museum visit for your class, please call 212-423-3225 or complete the online scheduling form.
The Jewish Museum is located at Fifth Avenue and 92nd Street. Public transportation to the Museum:
- By bus: Take the M1, M2, M3, or M4 running south on Fifth Avenue or north on Madison Avenue, and get off at 92nd Street.
- By subway: Take the 4, 5, or 6 trains to 86th Street and Lexington Avenue. Exit and walk west to Fifth Avenue and then north to 92nd Street.
- The Museum is located at 1109 Fifth Avenue. The entrance where school buses may drop off and pick up students is on 92nd Street.
Click here to find out more about Educator Resources.
Free passes are available for educators who are interested in viewing the permanent collection or special exhibitions in preparation for their visits. Please contact the Scheduling Coordinator to request passes.