Ben Shahn (American, b. Lithuania, 1898-1969)
New York, 1947
- Tempera on paper mounted on canvas and panel
- 36 x 48 in. (91.4 x 121.9 cm)
- The Jewish Museum, New York
- Purchase: Oscar and Regina Gruss Charitable and Educational Foundation Fund, 1996-23
- Art © Estate of Ben Shahn/Licensed by VAGA, New York, NY
Not on view
Chevlowe, Susan. Common Man, Mythic Vision: The Paintings of Ben Shahn. New York: The Jewish Museum; Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 1998.
Encyclopedia Judaica (CD-ROM, version 1.0. Jerusalem: Judaica Multimedia, 1997).
Greenfield, Howard. Ben Shahn: An Artist’s Life. New York: Random House, 1998.
Kao, Deborah Martin, Laura Katzman, and Jenna Webster. Ben Shahn’s New York: The Photography of Modern Times. Cambridge, MA: Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University Art Museums; New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 2000.
Morse, John D., ed. Ben Shahn. New York: Praeger, 1972.
Rodman, Selden. Portrait of the Artist as an American: Ben Shahn, A Biography with Pictures. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1951.
The Phillips Collection: Biography of Ben Shahn.
For additional Resources and Links.